Friday, November 5, 2010

Project Based on College Major

For the latest Surface Research project, I had to create something for the major I plan to go into. My major is Fashion Merchandising, so this project was more of a challenge, but I really enjoyed it. I created a bulletin board that a possible fashion merchandiser would have, while incorporating my own organizational  tactics and specific areas of interests in the career. I included a style board because many fashion merchandisers work as magazine editors who make magazine pages like that. I also included a personal invitation to a Versace fashion show. I handmade the envelope and designed the card. I also included fashion illustrations of latest trends that a merchandiser may have if they work as a stylist as well to plan outfits. Both were done in drawing inks. I would have included more, but I feel that didn't fit my character as a merchandiser at all. Personally, I already keep fashion inspirations in folders and my computer, and would not hang them up. I also always only have a couple of Post-It notes of tasks going. I hang only important things, in this case: an invitation to a big fashion show, my style board, and newly made styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment